12 flavours of whisky ice cream go on sale at The Scotch Malt Whisky Society’s Kaleidoscope Bar.
We were lucky enough to try the whisky ice cream a couple of years ago at the 12 Tub Cinema Club, so it’s great news that this is coming to London.
From ‘Banana-Dram-A’ and ‘Smoky Lavender Kiss’ to ‘Salty Sea Dog’, and ‘Maple Bacon Crunch’, The Scotch Malt Whisky Society has created 12 unique flavours of whisky ice cream to celebrate the summer.
The 12 ‘Ice Dream Drams’ will be available from Wednesday 9th August at The Society’s recently opened venue, Kaleidoscope Bar at 9A Devonshire Square.
Following the success of the ice cream in Scotland in 2015, The Society has joined forces once again with Scottish ice cream makers S Luca to bring the boozy frozen treats down to London.
The ice creams created by S Luca are made with the Society’s single cask whisky, ranging from 3.7% – 4.9%. They will be on offer in a special ice cream trike in the outdoor courtyard at Devonshire Square.
The ice creams reflect the Society’s flavour-based approach to whisky, which is based on its 12 unique whisky flavour profiles such as Sweet, Fruity and Mellow; Spicy & Sweet; and Young & Spritely. The flavours of whisky ice cream include:
- Green Goddess – beautifully balanced Lightly Peated whisky ice-cream with a zingy, zen-like lime ripple
- Banana-Dram-A – banana and marshmallow ice cream made with a Sweet, Fruity and Mellow whisky
- Smoky Lavender Kiss – lavender ice cream with Palma Violets and a Heavily Peated whisky
- Snowball Seduction – Oak and Vanilla whisky ice cream with chunks of tongue-teasing coconut snowball
- Salty Sea Dog – salted caramel ice cream with Oily & Coastal whisky
- Maple Bacon Crunch – sweet syrup and smoky bacon flavours combined with Peated whisky
- Chilli Devil – Spicy and Sweet whisky ice cream with a naughty chilli kick
Michael Cook, manger at Kaleidoscope Bar, said: “At the Society we focus on the amazing array of flavours in whisky and our 12 Ice Dream Drams made by S Luca are a great way to explore the different types of flavours you find in whisky.”
Kaleidoscope Bar, 9A Devonshire Square, London EC2M 4YN